Which Midi keyboard should I buy for my boyfriend?

WMx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking for a gift to buy for my boyfriend and I know he's into making music. He has a keyboard at home but it's not a midi keyboard though and it's too big for him to lug around with. So I thought I might get him a midi keyboard. Since that keyboard he has is too big to go anywhere with, he would usually make his music on his laptop using FL Studio. So I thought I'd get him a midi keyboard, since I notice he uses lots of "kicks/drums"(?) in his music.

So I was browsing around and saw two midi keyboards that would seem to be good for him. But as someone who has little to no knowledge of midi keyboard, I would like to hear your opinions/suggestion or recommendations for midi keyboard.

The two that I found are:
Novation Launchkey Mini MK2 MIDI keyboard
Novation-LaunchKey-Mini-mk2.jpg

AKAI MPK Mini MK2 USB MIDI keyboard controller
akai_mpkmini_mkii_main.png

Out of these two, which one would be the best to get him?

And if you guys have any better recommendation/suggestions(around €100-€200), please let me know.

Thanks beforehand!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dear...

Either one is a top notch controller.

If he's more into house and trance and that sort of thing the Novation has a slight edge.

Flip a coin. I'm sure your boyfriend would appreciate receiving either one as a gift.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The pads aren't just drums. They're totally assignable as controllers for effects and/or musical sampled phrases.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question