Which Midi keyboard should I buy for my boyfriend?

WMx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking for a gift to buy for my boyfriend and I know he's into making music. He has a keyboard at home but it's not a midi keyboard though and it's too big for him to lug around with. So I thought I might get him a midi keyboard. Since that keyboard he has is too big to go anywhere with, he would usually make his music on his laptop using FL Studio. So I thought I'd get him a midi keyboard, since I notice he uses lots of "kicks/drums"(?) in his music.

So I was browsing around and saw two midi keyboards that would seem to be good for him. But as someone who has little to no knowledge of midi keyboard, I would like to hear your opinions/suggestion or recommendations for midi keyboard.

The two that I found are:
Novation Launchkey Mini MK2 MIDI keyboard

AKAI MPK Mini MK2 USB MIDI keyboard controller

Out of these two, which one would be the best to get him?

And if you guys have any better recommendation/suggestions(around €100-€200), please let me know.

Thanks beforehand!

Ad

Advertisements

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Dear...

Either one is a top notch controller.

If he's more into house and trance and that sort of thing the Novation has a slight edge.

Flip a coin. I'm sure your boyfriend would appreciate receiving either one as a gift.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The pads aren't just drums. They're totally assignable as controllers for effects and/or musical sampled phrases.

Gary ;)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question