Winter NAMM 2024

Reaction score
Its a farce, especially Korg who are likely to have their sign on one of the locked cubicle doors in the in the All Gender Toilets.

Which is more of less what they did last year.

Reaction score
Im happy with my Nautilus, but I'd like to see a nice price drop here in the states from Korg on the pa5x. I want one, and it would surely be used more than the impulse buys from mid summer(Fantom 06 and mpc key 61) that im trying to sell. Also praying korg gets their ass in gear and releases worthwhile os updates for it. Interested in seeing everything Behringer has in store.

Reaction score
I almost considered going to NAMM. I think I could register to attend? It would be $300 for air fare, 2 nights hotel at $200 per night, and $150 (Per day? Not sure) attendance. That's up to about $1000.00 - not counting everything else.

I don't think I'll be going. I'd rather spend $1000+ on new gear...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What I really wish we'd see this year is rack or desktop modules of the flagship workstations from the big three.

Synth makers know how to cut costs by removing the keyboards and allowing the user to pick his own controller, 49, 61, 73, 76, or 88.

Instead of building and trying to sell 5 different workstations howabout a Desktop version of a Nautilus or Fantom or Genos or Forte?

In the old days all the big boys had rack versions of their top engines.

What's changed?

Reaction score
Main Stage et al ?

Why hump around a huge heavy rack when a keyboard controller and a Macbook will do the job?

I agree though, the only module of interest that I am a aware of are those Arrangers made by Ketron but even they are stupid money. For the same price as one of them can buy a Korg Pa1000 or Yamaha SX900.

Reaction score
Is there any new keyboards in NAMM that is not an out and out Synth?

Surely the world is reaching saturation point with them.

Isn’t it Korg that has 7 new or updated models of Synths at NAMM?

No wonder updating their non Synth kit is taking a back seat.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Nautilus, the Fantom and the Montage pretty much have the high end ROMplers sewn up.

Kids can't afford them.

The $599 synth wonders are meant for the kids market. The DJ wannabes and the would-be influencers of tomorrow are all looking for the fabled Omega of Sound Synthesis.

For every solid performer's workstation they sell, they are selling 20 or 30 of these little Chinese tablehooters.

Money talks... B.S. walks....

Ask a Question