Yamaha clavinova cvp 107 all keys play properly when played individually all functions seem to work properly/al the c's and's/and all the f's and g's

Reaction score
Hi I m new here/ Ive worked on quite a few digital pianos but have never run across this issue- every think seems to work properly except when you hold down a c or d and play the c or d of the same octave it sounds twice as loud and slightly distorted also the f s and g"s/this happens on all octaves / when playe singly all keys work properly /ran the test procedures found a ng on the wave rom ck/did a factory reset /cleaned the contact strip and boards /tried to different sets of contact pc boards -no change in behavior/ never heard of this before /thinking it must be a mother board problem --any advice would be most appreciated thank you

Last edited:
Reaction score
when you hold down a c or d and play the c or d of the same octave
Maybe you're a lousy writer or I'm a lousy reader. On a keyboard there is only one C or D in an octave, so I don't understand how you can hold down a C or a D and play another C or D in the same octave. I think it would help me if you could show a video of your issue, I can't understand your specific issue reading what you wrote.

Reaction score
I am sorry for for not being able to clarify the problem--when you press a c and then a d of the same octave while holding the c down it cause the loud note on the d and visa versa /same with the f and g in all octaves --only happens to notes in same octave if I pres a c from one octave and a d from another no problem- no other notes or combination produce this result-so mi latest thought is it is either in the cpu or in the circuits before the cpu on the mother board- I really dont under stand /thanks for thinking about it

Reaction score
sorry for not operating well -I dont use a cell phone and I took a video on a camera but it was 57mb with a 5mb limit/ I also am having trouble deleting the other thread- I started a second thread yesterday because the other one didnt show up and I thought I did somthing wrong/ sorry for being sloppy

Reaction score
problem solved- and its beyond my understanding why-i tested capacitors and the scanner chip found no problems / finally I switched the nice cleaned continuous green contact strip for an old korg one I had laying around -now it works perfectly and I dont know why / any way thanks for your help good luck

Ask a Question