Yamaha dgx-660 using external speakers cause low volume

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently bought this piano and very pleased with it however i have a small problem, when i connect the piano to my audio interface (focusrite scarlet 2i2) through phone out jack with 1/4" trs cable (line out selected in piano interface) sound comes out low (audio interface is connected to jbl lsr 308 monitor speakers) compared to its internal speakers. I mean it can get louder but then it starts clipping. Any solution for this. I am planning to get a keyboard amplifier but i am afraid to have the same issue there too.

Thanks in advance.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The JBL website says that the LSR308 has

Selectable Input Sensitivity - The -10 dB/+4 dB sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources, allowing you to connect the 3 Series to high output professional gear without any danger of input overload.

I'm wondering if maybe you need to adjust that setting? Or maybe it's a setting on the Scarlett 2i2?

Reaction score
The JBL website says that the LSR308 has

I'm wondering if maybe you need to adjust that setting? Or maybe it's a setting on the Scarlett 2i2?
Hi SeaGtGruff, jbls are connected to audio interface and computer sound comes very loud compared to keyboard's sound. I also connected the speakers directly to keyboard with an trs to to ts splitter and sound come very low again but didnt change any switches on the jbls, on the interface there is just gain setting and it shows clipping with red color, when i increase it more than half it starts clipping.

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently bought this piano and very pleased with it however i have a small problem, when i connect the piano to my audio interface (focusrite scarlet 2i2) through phone out jack with 1/4" trs cable (line out selected in piano interface) sound comes out low (audio interface is connected to jbl lsr 308 monitor speakers) compared to its internal speakers. I mean it can get louder but then it starts clipping. Any solution for this. I am planning to get a keyboard amplifier but i am afraid to have the same issue there too.

Thanks in advance.
I'm having the exact same problem with my yamaha dgx 660 and scarlett....the volume moves by itself...and now it does it even when I'm not plugged into the DAW ?
Did you ever find a solution ?

Ask a Question