Yamaha DGX660

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having a problem loading my user registration info in to my keyboard.
My USB stick was formatted correctly and I am following the instructions to load the USR file I named. It says the load is complete ok but when I exit from the stick the file is not loaded on my screen.
Please can anyone help or give me some pointers as to where I may be going wrong.
Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the DGX-660 or other DGX/YPG models, and judging by the manual it looks like the operation is a bit different than the similar operation on my PSR-E models.

However, the way it works on the PSR-E is that you don't "see" the USR file on the screen after you load it; after you exit the File Control function the screen looks just as it normally does. But if everything worked correctly, the data that you loaded from the USR file on the USB flash drive should now be in the keyboard's memory, such that you should be able to recall a particular Registration that you had saved in the USR file.

As I said, it looks like the operation is a bit different on the DGX-660 than what I'm used to on my PSR-E models, so I'm not sure how well my comments might apply. But I believe that after you've loaded the desired USR file and exited the File Control function you will need to use the procedure described on page 51 to recall the specific Registration that you want to use.

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having a problem loading my user registration info in to my keyboard.
My USB stick was formatted correctly and I am following the instructions to load the USR file I named. It says the load is complete ok but when I exit from the stick the file is not loaded on my screen.
Please can anyone help or give me some pointers as to where I may be going wrong.
Thanks

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the DGX-660 or other DGX/YPG models, and judging by the manual it looks like the operation is a bit different than the similar operation on my PSR-E models.

However, the way it works on the PSR-E is that you don't "see" the USR file on the screen after you load it; after you exit the File Control function the screen looks just as it normally does. But if everything worked correctly, the data that you loaded from the USR file on the USB flash drive should now be in the keyboard's memory, such that you should be able to recall a particular Registration that you had saved in the USR file.

As I said, it looks like the operation is a bit different on the DGX-660 than what I'm used to on my PSR-E models, so I'm not sure how well my comments might apply. But I believe that after you've loaded the desired USR file and exited the File Control function you will need to use the procedure described on page 51 to recall the specific Registration that you want to use.
Hi,
I tried what you said, it is saying the file is loaded, but when I exit out of file control and try the intro it doesn't play what I've asked for. Looks like I may have to have the keyboard checked out.
Many thanks for your reply.

Ask a Question