Yamaha DGX670 with andriod usb connection no sound

Reaction score
Hi

I've connected my android tablet via USB A to C adaptor and a USB A to B cable to the piano, and expected to hear any sound from an app like flowkey to play through the piano speakers? I assumed that flowkey sends midi data to the piano when it plays a tune, for the piano to turn these into sound, but I don't hear anything.

The connection seems to work in the other direction: a key press on the piano keyboard is correctly registered in flowkey.

Do I misunderstand what the midi connection can do? Or is there something else I am missing?

Reaction score
Thanks @happyrat1 but it does not really help me with my question.

i know what midi is, and i had thought that flowkey acts as a midi controller sending midi to the piano for it to interpret this as a note to play. But that does not seem the case. The piano however can act as the midi controller and flowkey receives the data, and can compare with what the data should be, and tell you that you played the right (or wrong) note. That part works.

You think it's an issue with flowkey?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I can't tell whether the app can send MIDI data to the keyboard, or if the MIDI interface is just one-way from the keyboard to the app. The online information about the app's features and capabilities seems to be pretty skimpy or nonexistent.

Ask a Question