Yamaha P125 sound panel is sending midi messages

Reaction score
hello, I have been using my Yamaha P125 as a midi controller for live gigs. it's really the perfect controller for me because it also has a built in audio interface so i don't have to bring extra gear. i only use an ipad to layer additional synth sounsa over the built in piano or electric piano on the p125. the only problem im having with this keyboard is that the sound panel is also sending midi messages which is causing my presets to change whenever i switch to a different sound. has anybody figured out a way to disable or even change the midi channel only to the panel so i can avoid this problem?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220821-175353_Gallery.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the mountain does not come to Mohammed then check if the apple software you are using can disable MIDI program change at the receiving end.

Or else reorder your voice list to accommodate your play list.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I agree with Gary/@happyrat1. I don't think there's a way to disable the sending of the Bank Select and Program Change events-- on higher models, yes, but probably not on the P-125-- so your best option would be to filter it out on the receiving end. There are hardware interfaces that can do this, but since you're sending to an iPad you should be able to use an app such as Midiflow to filter out any unwanted events.

Reaction score
hello, I have been using my Yamaha P125 as a midi controller for live gigs. it's really the perfect controller for me because it also has a built in audio interface so i don't have to bring extra gear. i only use an ipad to layer additional synth sounsa over the built in piano or electric piano on the p125. the only problem im having with this keyboard is that the sound panel is also sending midi messages which is causing my presets to change whenever i switch to a different sound. has anybody figured out a way to disable or even change the midi channel only to the panel so i can avoid this problem?

They have a midi box that would filter out program changes being sent. so midi out of the P125 -> midi solutions box -> Ipad. Midi box would see a program change message coming from the P125 but would filter it out so that it is not sent to the Ipad.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And to be fair, what if he‘s a working musician?

Summer time is bread and butter season. :eek:

Gary;)

Ask a Question