DGX-670 as an Upgrade for Yamaha P125

Reaction score
I'm currently having a Yamaha P125B. It's a good quality digital piano.

But If I wanted an upgrade, with better (more of a professional item) sound quality, is the DGX-670 a good option.

If my budget is twice the price of Yamaha P125 (little bit more is fine too), what are my best options in Yamaha.

PS: I only play it as a piano. So I really don't care about rhythms, beats and all.

Reaction score
Given your criteria I would say no.

Best option staying within Yamaha could be a P515.

A better option would be to consider models by other manufacturers such as Kawai, Roland, Korg etc

Reaction score
I have a 125 as well and love it; also considering the 670, but I would use the rhythms and non piano sounds, and possibly recording so not a bad option for me. If you are just playing piano mostly, then the only improvement for you would be better speakers and a higher quality piano sample; the action is identical. And the 670 weighs twice what the 125 does.

The 515 is amazing, it has the NWX action (wooden textured keys, triple sensor with escapement) and it has nicer speakers and also nicer piano samples (including the Bosendorfer as well as the CFX Yamaha - the 125 has the CF) and has VRM as well. But, for the price of a 515 you could buy another 125, a 670DGX and a PSR E373 for about the same $

Ask a Question