Yamaha S90 vs Roland 700

Reaction score
OK- I've narrowed it down between the Roland 700GX and Yahmaha S90- (I was able to find both in same showroom)- I like the feel of the Yamaha a little better but I was curious does anyone know if you can get a listing of the internal sounds that each board comes with? Looks like the Roland has a place for a card where you can put more sounds cards in- I did not see that with the Yamaha- The guys are guitar center were clueless- Anyone know how expandable the Yamaha is with regard to adding sounds?

Reaction score
hey! im assuming that the by s90 you mean xs? or es?

I think the Yamaha s90 would be better all around,however im a bit biased :p

and the s90 can be expanded, and there are plenty of plug in boards!

also in the owners manual mine came with a list of sounds so im sure yours will too!

hope that helps!

Reaction score
yeah, i just assign differnt patches to the faders then i have four patches that i can instantly fad in and out, but you can do it a bunch of different ways. but yes it is very easy. the main thing you lose from the roland is that with the roland your patches dont cut out when you switch settings.

Ask a Question