Yamaha S90XS voice demos?

Reaction score
Is there a voice demo function on the Yamaha S90XS? There are song demos, I know, but I am looking for a function that plays a short demo of the voice that you're currently on. My Roland D30 has this feature, a different demo for each instrument category (keys, strings, guitar, bass, percussion, etc.)

It's easy enough to play the keys as I change voices, but the feature on the Roland is really nice because it just keeps playing the sequence even as you change voices.

I realize this probably sounds like a petty thing, but I'm just curious - not a showstopper, obviously.

Thanks for any help.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My Korg TR also has an "Audition" button that plays demos while I scroll thru the voices. I have no idea if Yamaha supports this feature or not, but if it has a built in sequencer or even if it doesn't, you should be able to load up a MIDI file and scroll thru the voices while it plays.

Reaction score
My Korg TR also has an "Audition" button that plays demos while I scroll thru the voices. I have no idea if Yamaha supports this feature or not, but if it has a built in sequencer or even if it doesn't, you should be able to load up a MIDI file and scroll thru the voices while it plays.

That is a good idea I hadn't considered - thanks! I would still be interested in learning if the demo/audition feature is available on the Yamaha, but I will see if I can get your idea to work.

Reaction score
The S70/90-XS units do not support any type of voice (sound/patch) auditioning feature. I tried out an S70-XS at Guitar Center some months ago and could have really used an audition feature.

Sorry !

Ask a Question