Floppy drive USB emulator for SX-AC-1200 Midi Orchestra

Reaction score
Hi group
Does anyone know of a replacement USB emulator that will work with the AC-1200 ? This is equivalent to the KN-1200 (*without the keyboard)

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw this one. Kinda pricy ($159 + shipping)! Isn’t this same hardware as the $35 ones I see on eBay and Amazon?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You asked if we knew of one. That was the result of a three second google search.

If you're shopping around for better prices then do your own homework.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gee Gary, thanks for the help.....
I have done my research. The current FFD onLy has a ribbon cable connection. All the emulators I’ve seen have either standard IDE cable with separate power connection or a ribbon cable with a separate power header.... see pic of mine.... any helpful suggestions?

Attachments

• 43D7292C-E358-4301-A5D5-AF9659C11BFF.jpeg
    43D7292C-E358-4301-A5D5-AF9659C11BFF.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 170

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That looks pretty much like any standard floppy drive to me. Check inside and you should find a 4 pin power connector somewhere inside the unit There's no such thing as a floppy drive that gets its power from the ribbon cable alone.

And if you'd actually bothered to read the entire ad I linked from ebay you'd see that the vendor offers customizations for many makes and models of synth.

So unless you have the skills to roll your own I'd suggest you bite the bullet and pay the going price for a working solution instead of throwing the dice on a cheaper "solution" which may or may not work. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi! ... See that there are USB perusers, that have the same degree of Floppy Disk Drive, and they can be connected effectively, in case you're not able to do it, conversation to a qualified, you'll be able interface a pendrive which increments information approaching and active, and a impressive sparing of working time that the FD imposes. Informed Web, it may be that somebody made this change just along with your instrument, all this too includes a fetched, and presently the life of the floppy is wrapped up ... superior alter.

Ask a Question