Is there a way around saving expansion patches in Juno DS

Reaction score
Some of the expansion patches are really nice. I saved a few to user bank. But when I change expansion bank they dont play. Does anybody know of a way around this ? One of the reviewers at Sweetwater confirmed this fact from Roland.

Reaction score
The wave samples for sounds in those EXP expansions must be loaded for those sounds to play. If you load in a different expansion, the waves from the new expansion replace the old, and so the waves those other sounded needed are no longer available. A workaround would be to sample your favorite sounds into the user sample memory.

Check out the Tone Manager software for working with custom samples. Sample your sound without effects, and recreate the effects on your sampled version. It still may not sound exactly the same, but you can probably at least get something pretty close.

Reaction score
thanks another, so it would seem that the expansion module that sweetwater gave me is kind of useless. Unless you find one that has a lot of sounds you need and just keep that module loaded. One bad thing about the juno ds I have learned. Thanks again

Reaction score
"just keep that module loaded"
Yes, scottWOLF, that's about it. I just found one pack that had several sounds that met my admittedly basic classic 60's rock needs, and trained myself to be happy with that. I loved the keyboard apart from that limitation, so I got there in the end. 🙂 Hope you do too!

Reaction score
Which number is that Wackienne ? I have the one loaded now that has some melotron strings and Strawberry fields melotron, I think its 3. Yes this keyboard is definately worth the money. I just did a show setup for Turn the page, I used 3 layered saxes, tron strings, regular stereo strings and tremelo electric piano, it dont sound bad. What gets me is , over 25 % of these module patches are bass patches , who the heck needs all these basses?.

Reaction score
I know! That's always mystified me too -- a gazillion bass patches in the expansion packs and far too many in the onboard stuff. The one I used was Keys, #2 loaded and just added them to favourites for quick changes. We were pretty happy with our sound most of the time, but would never have attempted Strawberry Fields! Well done!

Ask a Question