Keyboard for Solo Act

Reaction score
I'm looking for the right keyboard for the solo act I'm putting together. I'm going to be doing live looping with percussion, flutes and vocals and want to have a small keyboard to add high quality, organic sounds like harp, marimba, and various bells. I would also like it to have some really great pads along the lines of Omnisphere. I'd love for it to be 49 keys or maybe even less. I am a keyboardist, but I won't be using it to play piano parts...just to build loops plus create some drones for me to play off of.

I don't want something that's just a controller because I don't want to worry about a laptop on top of everything else. I already have a lot of gear to tote around with the various flutes and percussion that I play plus the Boss RC-300 Loop Station that I use.

Any recommendations?

Reaction score
I do know Korg has a micro series. I'd call the sales guys at Kraft, Sweetwater or one of the other dealers. They may be best able to make a recommendation and might just have a deal for you.

Loren

Ask a Question