KN5000 half tone difference between Right 1 and Right 2

Reaction score
My KN5000 has started to have a half tone difference between Right 1 and Right 2 when I turn the keyboard on. If I initialize the keyboard, it returns to being the same. Is there any way to fix this permanently and not be affected by turning the keyboard off and on.

Reaction score
No idea how that has happened apart from old age - not you the keyboard - only suggestion I can come up with is having initialized to correct the keyboard you then save that to floppy disk. So that every time you switch on you can spend another 15 or so seconds loading up the saved settings from your floppy disk.

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yesterday I removed the hard disk board [there was no hard disk in the keyboard.] Just now, I put the hard disk board back with a hard drive. The problem has rectified itself.
However, the hard disk AE-5000 is one I took out of another KN5000 I recently purchased. It worked fine in that keyboard. I took my hard drive out of my old keyboard and put it into my 'new' one. Again no problems.
I just put the hard disk out of the new one into my old keyboard and it is coming up with a system error about a FAT file issue.
Now I am completely baffled as to what to do other than put the hard drives back in their respective initial keyboards.
Also one of the speakers is slightly crackling which is not too much of a problem as I put it through an external speaker most of the time.
All advice welcome.

Reaction score
I tried to format the hard drive but no go. I can only assume it is faulty. I saw a Youtube video where the guy said any laptop hard drive will fit it. This was in 2013. Does anyone know if this is true. I would imagine it would have to be an old laptop.
Since the floppy drive does not work, I think a USB emulator is warranted. All comments welcome.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Enjoy the trip :D

You got a long and educational road ahead...

OR,

Maybe just sell it off to a nerd for peanuts and buy something from this decade?

Life is short...

Learn to smell the roses... ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I know what it's like to love an old board.

It's more expensive to fix than it's worth, but sometimes you just have to set it free.

If it doesn't come back it was never yours to begin with ;)

Reaction score
BTW, I know what it's like to love an old board.

It's more expensive to fix than it's worth, but sometimes you just have to set it free.

If it doesn't come back it was never yours to begin with ;)
Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Ask a Question