Korg pa600 or korg pa600-qt or yamaha psr s750 or yamaha psr s770 ????

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
PA600-QT
(Quarter Tone) what is this?
Do you need it? If you don't need it eliminate it from your list.

PSR S770 is the new generation of the PSR S750 . . So if 750 is on your list you can eliminate that one.

As for Korg v Yamaha

Flip a coin.

Problem solved:D

Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
PA600-QT
(Quarter Tone) what is this?
Do you need it? If you don't need it eliminate it from your list.

PSR S770 is the new generation of the PSR S750 . . So if 750 is on your list you can eliminate that one.

As for Korg v Yamaha

Flip a coin.

Problem solved:D

Ray
Thanks a lot.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Have you played any of them in a store? Or watched videos of them to see which one sounds better to you?

Personally, I would opt for a PSR-S770 over a PSR-S750. And of the PA600 or PA600QT, I'm not certain what the differences are between them, so I'm not sure which one I'd opt for.

If you need Eastern sounds and styles, I'd say the PA600QT would be better than the PA600. But if you do need Eastern sounds, I'd suggest looking at the PSR-A3000/2000 rather than the PSR-S770/750, unless the price of the PSR-A3000/2000 is too much for your budget. Yamaha does make various Eastern expansion packs for the PSR-S770/750, but if you have to buy them then the cost of the PSR-A3000/2000 might possibly come out less than the total cost of the PSR-S770/750 plus all the Eastern expansion packs.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey robk
Just what the doctor ordered . .
. . . And having seen that I would still be flipping the coin.
Hope that is helpful nevertheless.
Cheers
Ray

Reaction score
Neither

The Korg is now an old model, the new one is the PA700.

Compare them side by side and it should be a no brainer choice

This is precisely what I did, Korg PA700 v Yamaha PSR S770.

In every area the Korg is better.

So much so that I walked ot of the showroom with one of the first ones in the UK.

Reaction score
Neither

The Korg is now an old model, the new one is the PA700.

Compare them side by side and it should be a no brainer choice

This is precisely what I did, Korg PA700 v Yamaha PSR S770.

In every area the Korg is better.

So much so that I walked ot of the showroom with one of the first ones in the UK.

Hello Biggles and everyone,
Could you please tell me, which keybaord i should buy, korg pa700 or Roland E-a7?
Thank you for your answer.

Reaction score
Richard

The Roland was in the three for me to try but unfortunately the Music Store did not have that in stock.

If you can I suggest you search out a music store with both in stock or just ring them and ask if they can get them then go in and try them.

I would not buy any musical instrument without trying them.

There are online video reviews that you could use to get a flavour of each machine.

For me I found the Korg Video Manual series of 8 tutorials on all aspects of the 700 very useful to watch a few times before I went into the shop.

Good luck

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer Biggles. Actually I live in Paris. I almost went to the every music store in Paris. But I didn't found Roland E-A7. But I played korg pa700 and I love it. The problem is if I going to buy Roland E-a7, I have to order it online without playing it ! That's why I am asking people if they know which one will be better.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I would not buy any musical instrument without trying them.
Absolutely!
No two people play the keyboard the same. Everyone has their own unique way of playing. Their own method of playing. Specific requirements which may or may not be available in all makes and models.
Never buy a keyboard online! Most ridiculous thing to do. These are very sophisticated machines which need to be manually and personally tried and tested.
You may buy ancillary compatible components on line . . But NEVER buy the keyboard without trying it.

Would you buy your wife or husband on line? . . . Same thing!:D
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Considering I'd probably have to had driven about 500 miles to test out all the keys I've bought over the years it simply wasn't possible.

95% of my purchases were fine. Worst case scenario you adapt to the keyboard or else you sell it off on Craigslist and buy something else.

I carefully read reviews, compared specs, and auditioned youtube videos so I did my due diligence.

The fact is that keyboards are electronic devices with rigorously defined specs and total homogeneity of manufacture when it comes to fit and finish.

They're not like guitars where you have to worry about a warped neck ruining your day.

Also it's not like I grew up with any expectations about what a keyboard "should" feel like.

Generally the online reviews I'd read told me enough about whether or not a keyboard was playable and worth the money.

Besides, I do all my playing on my Kurzweil PC3K8 these days and use it as a controller for all of my other boards so even a crappy keybed is not a dealbreaker for me.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, over the years I've owned both Roland and Korg synth feel keys.

Neither was disappointing. Truth be told, their actions were quite similar.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question