Loading extra voices on MOXF8

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to install the 'Inspiration in a Flash' voice library to my MOXF8. However the instructions say I will lose all my user data. I've spent months setting it up. How do I avoid this?

thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the Yamaha has a Thumb Drive or SDcard slot you can probably backup and restore your user settings to the flash drive.

See your manual about backing up to flash drives.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If the Yamaha has a Thumb Drive or SDcard slot you can probably backup and restore your user settings to the flash drive.

See your manual about backing up to flash drives.

Gary ;)

Thanks Gary. I need a bit more than that though! First of all, the MOXF8 manual is awful and impossible to find anything in it. Yes, I've got a USB slot and I've saved all my settings to a stick. What I want to know is what happens after I load the new voices (also, where will they go)? If I then reload my user settings will that restore me to the position I was in prior to loading the new voices?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you talking about loading new waveforms, or just new user voices and/or performances that are created by choosing specific built-in waveforms for the voice elements along with various settings related to those voices and performances?

Reaction score
The Yamaha website describes it thus:

The Inspiration In A Flash download is about 500MB file of new Voices and Waveforms for the Motif XF / MOXF.
You can also load the entire file directly into the FL512M or FL1024 Flash boards.

Ask a Question