New Pa1000 Arrived.

Reaction score
Local Lincoln dealer delivered Pa1000 early Friday.
It's latest stock from Korg (HDMI) so already had OS 1.3.1 installed
I love the Burgundy colour and the general button presentation very acceptable.
Ballads styles some nice ones here.

But...After 12 years with the Tyros the voices are going to take some time to come to terms with.
The keybed is less quality than I'm used to but it is acceptable. After-touch works well.
Installed OSIMO 1000 but confused which is OSIMO SongBook files and the ones already installed or may be OSIMO overwrites the complete SongBook.

Done a Global EQ adjustment but I need to learn more about getting this board to sound it's best.

Any help in this direction would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Great news Graham.

Osimo is stand alone and runs from the USB memory stick so no worries about it eating up the onboard memory.

It is a pity that the Osimo Songs bo not have the coloured border that your own songs will if you save them to the Direct folder.

You could use Songbook Editor to amend the title by adding ...Os. to each one

The LCD display on your 1000 can have more columns showing in Songbook mode but as far as I know you cannot add say a UserNotes column where you could then add Osimo or My Song or whatever into said column.

Enjoy your learning, the User Manual is your friend as is the Video Manual series of tutorials.

Reaction score
I have found that to use OSIMO once loaded from USB I have to select KEYSET.

With BonusStyle on my USB it only gives option to load...No Direct option show.

Reaction score
The easiest way to use Osimo is via Setlist.

Push the button and from the Menu you can select a suitable one which will then display the songs contained therin.

I have given you the information about loading the Bonusware and how to setup the Direct folder.

Reaction score
Pa1000. With Style running and when Style To Keyboard Set is activated, changing through the 4 variations there is a delay for next OTS to change even a fraction after the next bar starts. Get around this by selecting next OTS from screen.
Is this normal...Didn't get this delay with Tyros 2 ???

Reaction score
Try pressing the Style to Keyboard Set button until it flashes.

Then when you press the next Variation the keyboard will automatically change the Keyboard Set.

If say you are on V3 press its button again and the keyboard set will change to the next one.

Not sure if this will minimise the gap but its worth a try.

The gap is a bug, I do not have it on my 700, its just the 1000 that has it and it has been commented upon in korgforums.com

Reaction score
Understood if it is a OS bug delay changing voice on next Variation OTS, it's a bad fault and needs addressing.

Reaction score
I have sent a request to Korg.co.uk detailing the fault.
You stated it had been mentioned before on korgforums.com but a search has not displayed any.

Reaction score
Email from KORG regarding my problem delay switching to next KeySet.
As you mentioned, there is a setting to adjust the behavior of the instrument with regards to this. It can be found under the Global -> Mode Preferences -> Style 1 page. If you select the “Immediate” option, the Pa1000 will select the corresponding Keyboard Set as soon as you select a new Style. With the default “Next Measure” setting, the next Keyboard Set will only be automatically selected until the first beat of the next bar/measure.

Ask a Question