newb - looking to buy an OLD Roland, whats it worth?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, brand new user on this forum, I'm more of a drummer or guitar player but I do play keys too...looking to get my daughters something to start teaching them with, and I have a friend who has a Roland E-15 keyboard he wants to sell me....

anyone know what that thing is worth? it's in mint condition (mint as in, played like 5-6 times since 1993)... been sitting in a closet for ever and a day and he just wants to get rid of it. I figured it may be a good starting point for my girls...what do you think?

he said he was thinking $200 bucks, ...I'm thinking a little less but don't know what would be reasonable honestly so that's one reason I'm posting this question here.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Well, it looks old, and it has only 24 notes of polyphony meaning there will be note drop outs while using the sustain pedal. Also - i doubt it sounds good since it's a bit dated.

If you can lower the price then sure... it can be used for a start. If the guy stays at 200$, then you'll be better off with something like the entry level PSR series from Yamaha.

There are new ones for the same price and even higher polyphony. Plus, i bet you can get a used PSR-e403 for a few $$ more

Reaction score
i would say so its probably not worth it, just go on craigslist and find one for like 50 bucks it will be better and cheaper

Ask a Question