Newbie wants to buy a keyboard

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to buy a keyboard a long time ago but didn't know which one.
so can somebody help me out?
i want it to connect with my computer. and my budget is about 150 euro's because i don't know if i will like playing on a keyboard.

Reaction score
In that budget you can barely get an outstanding keyboard. The best options for you are Yamaha PSR-E333 and Yamaha PSR-E403. Check out their specifications on Yamaha site and make your choice. If you want a better keyboard for composing, editing and live performances, raise your budget to at least 500 euro. However, the 2 keyboards I mentioned earlier are perfect for home practice and time killing.

Reaction score
tchnx,, yes i know if i want a better keyboard i have to pay more, but i don't if i will like playing the keyboard that's why i have set up this budget. and if later on i do like it much i will buy another one. but tchnx for your recommendations ;)

Reaction score
Maskedpianist gave a correct advice but maybe I may add a bit more info.

All depending on budget of course but if you don't go for the cheapest models you are able to record and playback the 'performance' on the keyboard itself. Sounds much better by the way than any soundcard on a computer can produce! I have nothing to do with any factory but I am a Yamaha fan and they do have the largest choice in keyboards and digital piano’s. From cheap to very expensive!
If you want to compare models and their possibilities you can go to:

www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php
and download the manuals.
Find a good dealer and have the various models demonstrated, that is the best advice I can give. Sound, what you hear, and taste is a very personal thing and again, depending on budget, you get what you pay for.

The PSR E223 is a very basic keyboard with little possibilities.
The keys are NOT touch-sensitive and you can not load external files.

PSR E413 and PSR 423 are both very good starter keyboards and as the 423 is a ‘basic’ arranger keyboard you can load and ‘tweak’ external styles etc.
One very important thing to keep in mind is the 'polyphony' of the instrument. That means how many 'voices' as they are called can sound together. The higher the number the better it is and 48 is the absolute minimum if you want to get a nice and complete rich sound from your keyboard.

This info is far from complete but I hope it helps you to make a good choice and not waste your money on a cheap plastic box you will not like after a short while.

DickR

Reaction score
tchnx DickR,, i've been looking for those two models, but they are a little bit expensive for me. Because i don't want to spend that much money now, and find out later that i don't like playing keyboard at all. but thanks for your help ;)
I will probably go tomorrow to a music store, i will let you know which one i will buy finally.

Tchnx both of you for the advice =D

Reaction score
hey guys,, i still don't have a keyboard due to unexpected insurance costs and school money i had to pay this month *_* ,, so i will be buying a keyboard after a few weeks. I will let you know.

Ask a Question