Yamaha DGX 660 Style issues

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha DGX 660 keyboard. I really like it, but I can't seem to get the styles to work! Id like to chose a simple percussion/drum beat for playing and followed direction on my manual, but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you choosing one of the internal styles, or an "external" style that you downloaded from somewhere and saved to a USB flash drive?

Reaction score
internal. AND I found the source of the problem! The volume for the styles was somehow turned down. If i put my ear to the speaker I could barely hear it. I looked in the manual how to raise the volume on the styles and it worked. Problem solved. (at least this one).

Reaction score
Hi Patti

Glad you are enjoying your DGX660. I have the same instrument.

The menu is extremely extensive, and you can tune every single aspect of every sound, including microphone settings. But be careful when using it, because as you have found, it's too easy to disable something!

Should it happen again, a failsafe method,is to return the DGX to factory settings. To do this, with instrument turned off, hold down the highest white key, and turn on the power button. Continue to hold the key down until you get a message in the LED display.

Your DGX will now be all back to normal. You will lose any settings you've changed of course.

Hope you enjoy your instrument, I have been blown away with mine, and have learned a lot from the many YouTube clips now freely available for it.

Reaction score
Hi Patti

The menu is extremely extensive, and you can tune every single aspect of every sound, including microphone settings. But be careful when using it, because as you have found, it's too easy to disable something!

Should it happen again, a failsafe method,is to return the DGX to factory settings. To do this, with instrument turned off, hold down the highest white key, and turn on the power button. Continue to hold the key down until you get a message in the LED display.

Your DGX will now be all back to normal. You will lose any settings you've changed of course.

Hope you enjoy your instrument, I have been blown away with mine, and have learned a lot from the many YouTube clips now freely available for it.
Does Yamaha make a USB stick preloaded with Styles for a Yamaha DGX660 that I can buy?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Not that I know of.

The PSR Tutorial website has collections of user-converted or user-created styles that you can purchase on USB drives, but the vast majority of those styles would most likely need to be heavily tweaked to make them fully compatible with the DGX-660.

Reaction score
Hi Patti

I had a $200 casio and i could mute individual channels (instruments) of the style, i`m only interested y drums and bass, can it be done on the dgx 660?

Ask a Question