Yamaha Tyros 5

Reaction score
Thanks to those who would help me with this problem. I have a Tyros 5-61 keyboard. I have followed several videos showing how to connect the keyboard to internet to go to the Music Finder Pages. I have tried to use a Usb 2.0 and a USB 3.0 Super Speed Ethernet Adapter and each time I plug the adapter in a window shows up on the screen telling me:
AN INCOMPATABLE OR UNSUPPORTED USB DEVICE HAS BEEN CONNECTED TO THE DEVICE CONNECTOR.
The question is. Has anybody encountered this problem before and how was it solved. I have asked this question direct to Yamaha and the answer I got was a lot of questions beating round the bush with no concrete reply. Thanks to all.

Reaction score
Hi Biggles.
I am very much thankfull for your prompt reply. My big problem is that I am not very much computer literate, so I hope you do not mind asking you a question. How can I download the software on my Keyboard if I cannot connect it to the internet.? Again many thanks. Francis.

Reaction score
Frank

Download the latest Driver to your PC and allow it to install itself.

Then click of the Firmware file in the above list download it and also the instructions which are at the bottom of the page.

The Firmware file is a Zip which will need extracting and the whole content copied to a USB removable media memory stick. Put the USB in your Tyros and start your keyboard using the key press combination as given in the instructions.

Once these are installed turn off everything, connect everything up and boot up your PC and once it is booted power up your Tyros.

If it was not working due to no compatible Driver then it should now work OK as the correct Driver has been installed.

Ask a Question