1990s Kawai Concert Artist pedal

Reaction score
Hi, there. My theatre group has a lovely old Kawai electric piano, still wonderful to play. But the sustain pedal has stopped working — just intermittent bursts when it’s first turned on, but that’s it. Has anyone else had this problem?

I was also wondering if I could use a different pedal (external) pedal if I could find an adapter to 1/4”. I have no idea what this plug is called to even see if there is such a thing. It has two or three fine wires (it’s not with me at the moment to check) leading into the plug. Does this look identifiable to anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_1514.png
    IMG_1514.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
This was such an oddball problem that I’m not surprised no one put forth an answer! But we fixed it, so I’ll post the solution here in case anyone else has the issue in future. My friend realized the pedal was going down past its maximum extention. He put a firmer pad on, and presto! Problem solved.
Happy New Year to the group

Ask a Question