Another new guy here...

Reaction score
As my name implies, I'm a retired Army Dude. Picked up a Yamaha ez-220 last Winter and got distracted with real life. Getting back to learning now. I'm unimpressed with the available songs installed in the keyboard so I downloaded "Piano Booster" and linked my computer to the keyboard with my printer cable. Shocked that it was so easy to set up. I grabbed "Low Spark" MIDI file from MIDItunes.com. When played at full speed, it doesn't light up the keys. Slow it down a tad and the keys light up fine with the program. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a few other MIDI files/songs that I'm looking for. (Layla, Great Gig in the Sky). Many songs/files on the MIDItunes.com site are corrupted. I figure with the Piano Booster program and likeable songs, I'll stick with it as long as life doesn't get in the way again.
I'll peruse through the posts around here before I ask the same old routine questions that you all have probably heard a kazillion times already.
Happy to have found this Group!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There is also a Yahoo! Group called “MidKar”— short for “MIDI” and “karaoke”— where group members share MID and KAR song files they’ve made. (A KAR file is basically a MID file but with additional messages for displaying the song lyrics.) You might get lucky there. I don’t know whether the EZ-220 can play KAR files, but if not then you could probably just rename the KAR file extension to MID.

Reaction score
Seems like I'm coming across quite a few corrupted files at miditune.com. I'l check out your suggested sites. Thanks!

Ask a Question