Hello from yet another old beginner

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Mark from SC. I've played guitar and ma do for many years but never learned to read tunes or play keys. I just got an Alesis Coda Pro to replace my 61 key Casio. Actually I'm not gonna get rid of the Casio as I enjoy it. I'm taking lessons online as well as doing the Alfred books. It looks like there are great folks here and I look forward to learning from you. Thanks, mb

Reaction score
Hi Gary, thank for the reply. I'm learning classical and just getting chords a lil bit. I'm wanting to learn country and rock/blues rock stuff. I have been able to figure out a few guitar parts I've played on keys.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It helps to mix up the theory and classical stuff with a bit of popular music playtime in alternating chunks. It will not only make you a more versatile player but also help tune your ear and alleviate the boredom of formal exercises.

Be careful not to overdo it. A half hour to an hour's practice per day is more than enough.

Feel free to experiment with other styles and scales as well. 99% of the world's music uses the same 12 notes and it can be awesomely rewarding to pick up yet another style.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Mark! What part of SC are you from? I'm from Aiken myself. :)

Reaction score
Hi SeagtGruff,
I meant to play that note. I like that. I know the feeling. I'm up in Union. I know you have a few extra degrees of heat down that way. Just another summer. I hope you all are doing well. Mb

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It's been warmer than I prefer, but for the last week or so there's been a thunderstorm every evening, sometimes just a light rain but sometimes a torrential downpour. That's helped to cool things down slightly, but it has also made it muggy. :(

Ask a Question