Any Available MIDI Powered Pitch/Mod Wheel Setups?

Reaction score
I have a MOOG Slim Phatty that I trigger with a Hammond XK-5 that doesn’t have pitch/mod wheels onboard, the only MIDI/usb pitch/mod setup that I can find is the ATEMP AT-1 which is made in Russia and must be purchased with Bitcoin. I'm 73 and cryptocurrency is another world to me, I made a couple of attempts to purchase some using Binance and Coinbase but ended up with no Bitcoin and cold feet. Does anyone know if: A, there is any other available rig that can work with the XK-5/MOOG mashup or B, a way to purchase the AT-1 available to us capitalist dogs in the west?
Thanks!

Reaction score
I have a MOOG Slim Phatty that I trigger with a Hammond XK-5 that doesn’t have pitch/mod wheels onboard, the only MIDI/usb pitch/mod setup that I can find is the ATEMP AT-1 which is made in Russia and must be purchased with Bitcoin. I'm 73 and cryptocurrency is another world to me, I made a couple of attempts to purchase some using Binance and Coinbase but ended up with no Bitcoin and cold feet. Does anyone know if: A, there is any other available rig that can work with the XK-5/MOOG mashup or B, a way to purchase the AT-1 available to us capitalist dogs in the west?
Thanks!
found this: https://www.perfectcircuit.com/doep...CjWWHV0L07viM8T9gw43Uw83tHQAsuShoCFKUQAvD_BwE

Reaction score
Keep in mind that that doepfer piece is not MIDI. The Moog has CV input so it could still be an answer (I don't know, never having worked with that stuff), but it is at least something to be aware of since the question asked about MIDI/USB.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'll write to Moog and see what they think. Any hints on how to hook it up? Just a couple of patch cords? There is a CV input for pitch, I'm guessing that the mod wheel will have to be assigned somehow.
I talked to Perfect Circuit and found out that hooking it up would be problematic, needs to be powered etc.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Level One or two tech project.

Gary. ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
LOADS of options in this thread

And you could add yourself to a watch list on reverb and ebay for an Atemp MC-101.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
LOADS of options in this thread

And you could add yourself to a watch list on reverb and ebay for an Atemp MC-101.

Gary ;)
Thanks Gary, I did as you suggested and put watches out on eBay and Reverb as well as reach out to the ATEMP folks to see if there is another way to pay for one.

Ask a Question