[psr ew410] Musicsoft Downloader: connection established but no files available

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to transfer the songs I composed in the 10 available users on my keyboard to my computer in audio format.
The only thing I achieved was transfering .midi files via my usb pendrive.
I would like to get my songs in a format such as .wav, which is apparently supported for export (as per user manual).

I have downloaded Musicsoft Downloader and followed interfacing instructions.
Once connection was established, however, I would not be able to access any files, as if the drives were empty.
See picture attached.

How would I be able to achieve my goal? Is there any other way?
Thank you kindly in advance.
Gigi

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 5

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The only way to transfer User Songs is by saving or loading either a User File or Backup File, which also contain all of your Registrations and any User Styles that are currently registered (or "loaded") to Style Numbers. That's because User Songs aren't stored in the MIDI file format per se, but rather in a format that takes up less memory. User Files are saved to or loaded from an attached USB drive, whereas a Backup File is saved to or loaded from a connected computer using the Musicsoft Downloader. User Files are more useful in that their naming convention allows up to 100 different User Files, and they also don't require that the keyboard be connected to a computer. The only advantage of a Backup File is that in addition to containing everything that a User File does, it also saves the system settings which are preserved when you turn the keyboard off.

However, there is a function in the File Control menu called "Save SMF" that converts a selected User Song to a Standard MIDI File and saves it to an attached USB drive. Once the file is in the SMF format (or a file with the ".MID" extension) you can copy it from your USB drive to a computer if you wish, and from there you can transfer it into your keyboard's internal storage memory using the Musicsoft Downloader if you wish.

On the other hand, if you want to record a User Song as a ".WAV" file, that is a different type of operation. See pages 41 through 43 of the Owner's Manual for step-by-step instructions.

As far as I know, there is no built-in functionality for converting a User Song to an audio song recording, but I might be mistaken. What you can do is connect the keyboard to a computer, set up an audio track in a DAW to receive the audio coming from the keyboard, then play back the User Song and record the audio in the DAW. Note that DAWs usually have their own format for storing audio tracks, so once you have the song recorded to an audio track you'll need to export the track to a ".WAV" file, an ".MP3" file, or some other type of audio file.

Ask a Question