Casio CT-X700 now available in Canada... sort of.

Reaction score
The Casio CT-X700 has been readily available in the US for a while now, but has yet to be made available in Canada.

Apparently some entrepreneur has recognized a market niche, and is attempting to fill it. Check this out:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Casio-CT-X700-61-Key-Portable-Keyboard-/142679157058

Ships from Milford, Connecticut. Cost is Canadian equivalent of $175, plus GST, shipping and courier importing fee. Works out to roughly $260 CAD.

I don't know if this is legit, and I'm certainly not endorsing them. Don't know anything about them. If you decide to jump, make sure yer adequately covered.

Of course, what I'd really like is for Casio to be readily available through Canadian retailers.

Reaction score
I hope they are not to long in becoming available.

I have made a funding bid for four keyboards for the Group that I belong to so new members will have the chance to try a couple of different makes and learn a bit of the basics prior to them buying their own, it will also mean that we can store them at the venue and those with mobility issues can also use one of the keyboards to save them the difficult task of carrying their own.

Keeping fingers crossed that the funding gets approved.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd be careful about grey market cross border shopping for keyboards.

Chances are the warranty is voided the second it crosses the border or else you'd have to ship it back to the US for warranty repairs.

Is it really that big a deal to wait til Canadian vendors carry it?

B&H Photo in the US carries it but it ships to US addresses only.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ctx_700_ct_x700_61_key_portable_keyboard.html

THAT is a solid warning sign that Casio Canada WILL NOT honor the warranty.

Honestly all this fuss over a sub $200 keyboard. :p

Gary ;)

Ask a Question