Any Ideas How to Get This Video on PC ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Google screen video capture programs. I use one for Linux called Vokoscreen. There may be a Windoze version.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Download and install Firefox browser taking care not to let it install any anti virus trial software.

Open Firefox and under Tools select Get Add-ons

Select the Video download helper

Let it install, restart Firefox and download.

Have a play with the options to get the one format that suits

Other plug ins are available

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually any browser with addons will allow you to capture streaming videos.

This applies to Firefox, Chrome, Opera, even Internet Exploder.

Just search on the appropriate addon.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
True Gary.

Personally I trust Google far less than Microsoft hence Chrome is a no go area.

Have Opera on iPad and iMac.

Firefox is best imho that is.

I have hundreds if hours of downloaded vids, all using Firefox, its easy to set up and use, some IE plug ins have limited file handling capabilities and require a fee to unlock the very features we would want.

An alternative is to use a screen capture program such as Snagit from Techsmith, with this you select the area of the screen you want to record and start recording, it is more work but you do get a pretty good piece if software for other uses, I have been using it for years to make tutorials on Video Editing, Sound Recording, Sound Editing, Photoshop and most recently a series on various aspects of a Computer for a class that I am teaching.

BTW
Anyone with a fairly new iMac has screen capture capabilities already from within Quicktime, I have just used it to make a 10 minute tutorial video about the iMac desktop, we have a 5k iMac and it recorded the whole 5k screen in .mov format, rename file to .mp4 to have it play in almost anything. I reedited the file to 720p for a smaller file size yet still eminently viewable tutorial.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've been using Vokoscreen for the last year and a half to create youtube music videos of my tunes.

You can view the link in my signature.

Personally though, I've switched browsers from Firefox to Chrome as well in the past year because of security concerns. Firefox is still in the top two or three targets for hackers.

Gary ;)

Reaction score

Ask a Question