Any programs similar to Analog Lab?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was having some troubles with Analog Lab from Arturia and was wondering if there were any good alternatives. Basically a program or whatever with lots of keyboard, piano, synth, plugins. I'm new to all of this so I'm trying to find something I can use and record my own songs with. Thanks!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you need the program to do, but there's a program from AIR Music Technology called Ignite that might be the sort of thing you're looking for:

If you're just looking for plugins that contain many different types of instrument sounds, there are a lot to choose from, some in the form of General MIDI instrument sounds, and others more focused on specific types such as orchestral, or percussive, or "world," etc. Try looking at the web sites for companies such as AIR Music Technology, Native Instruments, UVI, and of course Arturia.

Or, if you're looking for recording software, there are many DAWs to choose from, and most of them do come with their own sets of instrument sounds or plugins, plus they usually support the use of third-party plugins-- although this can vary by DAW and by edition or version.

Reaction score
You may like to research further into:-

Spectrasonic’s Keyscape

Native Instruments Komplete

Arturia

Analogue Lab is of course an Arturia product but they also produce quite a collection, I have Analogue Lab and the Rhodes on my Laptop and love the Rhodes in particular.

These three are the main software instrument collections that I know of.

If you have a MAC then you can install their DAW Logic Pro at $200 or go with MainStage and you get the same 6Gb instrument pack as you would with Logic Pro but for only c$40.

Reaction score
Thanks I'll check those out. Analog lab was giving me some sound issues due to buffering or something so I think I need to try something else.

Reaction score
Can I suggest that as you are having problems with Analog Lab you checkout the Arturia Forum and search for the problem you are having and if there is no result then posting a new thread is likely to gain results.

It has to be a PC setting or two that can be causing the issue and it may be changing the buffer or installing ASIO drivers may help, but I still sggest you check with the Arturia forum.

Reaction score
Can I suggest that as you are having problems with Analog Lab you checkout the Arturia Forum and search for the problem you are having and if there is no result then posting a new thread is likely to gain results.

It has to be a PC setting or two that can be causing the issue and it may be changing the buffer or installing ASIO drivers may help, but I still sggest you check with the Arturia forum.

Yeah I've tried asking on their forum but received not much help. Basically I have a recording software but I just need like a bundle or something that has plugins for pianos, drums, guitars those sorts of things. Hope that's a little clearer. Thanks!

Reaction score
Installing ASIO4All should improve the latency.

Your PC may be causing issues if it is to old, slow, with insufficient RAM and a slow hard drive. What memory resident software and anti virus software can also impact on performance.

If you can get your hands on a USB audio/MIDI interface like those by Focusrite, PreSonus or Behringer and use one of theses between your keyboard and computer then you should find the latency has gone.

Reaction score
Don.

Not sure the Op is having DAW issues.

Analogue Lab is not a plug in for a DAW it is a $200 stand alone software instrument Synth App.

Reaction score
Don.

Not sure the Op is having DAW issues.

Analogue Lab is not a plug in for a DAW it is a $200 stand alone software instrument Synth App.

Basically I used Analog Lab 4 but I kept getting pops and cracks in the sound when I hit the keys and now I just need some kind of bundle for like drums and pianos and what have you. I already have a recording program

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not certain, but I think pops and crackles in the sound can be a symptom of the audio buffer being too small, so you might want to just check the settings on the audio driver or inside the program.

Reaction score
I'm not certain, but I think pops and crackles in the sound can be a symptom of the audio buffer being too small, so you might want to just check the settings on the audio driver or inside the program.

Yeah I've changed the buffer size and checked my drivers but nothing fixes it unfortunately. So if anyone has recommendations for like a virtual instrument type bundle I'd appreciate it thanks!

Reaction score
The suggestions I gave you on the 4th November are valid.

NI Komplete has a Free starter pack, I suggest you install it and see what the results are.

If you still experience problems then it is mire than likely your computer that is at fault.

Do you happen to have an iPad?

Ask a Question