arpeggiator & split on Juno DS76

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a Juno DS76 about 4+ months ago and really enjoy it. It's the first new/decent/modern keyboard I've owned and there are what seem to be a ton of features that I've yet to experiment with/figure out, and was hoping someone with a similar one may be able to help.
My friends I play with (online not during these odd times) want to have a go at Eminence Front by The Who, so I'm trying to learn the song and more difficult is to figure out how to set up my keyboard to handle basically two parts.
I'm thinking of doing it one of two ways?
(1) do a split with the lower third with an arpeggiator on a sound (not sure which one yet), and the upper two thirds a regular electric piano (or something similar)
(2) record an arpeggiator pattern on one or more of the phrase pads and leave the keyboard as a basic electric piano.
My hangup is that I've never done anything involving programming the keyboard, and would really appreciate some suggestions on how to go about setting it up. :) thanks for any thoughts!

Reaction score
Watch Ed Diaz in action in the tutorial videos that he did for Roland, bookmark Roland’s Product Support channel on Youtube for many Juno DS tutorials on all aspects slits, layers etc

Reaction score
I'll just point out that saving an arpeggiator and being able to recall on demand seems impossible on the juno ds...so unless you want to program each time you play I'd throw in the towel early. I've been using an arpeggiator from another keyboard to control the ds as needed.

Reaction score
I'll just point out that saving an arpeggiator and being able to recall on demand seems impossible on the juno ds...so unless you want to program each time you play I'd throw in the towel early. I've been using an arpeggiator from another keyboard to control the ds as needed.
I think the issue may be that you have to save the arp as part of a performance (which in turn, contains all the sound assignments for the arp to use).

Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-03-08-16-58-00.png

Reaction score
The footnote in this section indicates the settings cannot be saved...much to my dismay after trying in patch, performance and favorite settings.

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a Juno DS76 about 4+ months ago and really enjoy it. It's the first new/decent/modern keyboard I've owned and there are what seem to be a ton of features that I've yet to experiment with/figure out, and was hoping someone with a similar one may be able to help.
My friends I play with (online not during these odd times) want to have a go at Eminence Front by The Who, so I'm trying to learn the song and more difficult is to figure out how to set up my keyboard to handle basically two parts.
I'm thinking of doing it one of two ways?
(1) do a split with the lower third with an arpeggiator on a sound (not sure which one yet), and the upper two thirds a regular electric piano (or something similar)
(2) record an arpeggiator pattern on one or more of the phrase pads and leave the keyboard as a basic electric piano.
My hangup is that I've never done anything involving programming the keyboard, and would really appreciate some suggestions on how to go about setting it up. :) thanks for any thoughts!
I love my DS76! However arpeggiator settings are not saved when you shut the keyboard off. It's not possible to save them. It's one of the few drawbacks of this keyboard. Please, Please could you tell me the arpeggiator settings for eminence front? I've been trying to find them for years!!!!

Ask a Question