(Attack) Problem with Portable Grand DGX-220

Reaction score
I've had this keyboard for years and suddenly it appears to be defect. I do not know if this is a setting or something, I've messed with or if it is an actual defect on the keyboard.

When I do play the E and A# notes, it is a lot louder compared to the other notes on the keyboard. Note: this applies to all of the E and A# notes on every single octave. It appears that it doesn't play low if you press it softly like the other notes do. You can make the other notes as loud as the E and A# if you press the notes as hard as you can. I believe this is what you call, attack and this does not seem to work at all and I find it a little weird that this applies to all of the E and A#?

I've tried resetting it by pressing the 'Yes' and 'No' buttons simultaneously but I am not even sure if it worked but is there any other way to fix this problem like disabling the attack entirely?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
On older keyboards loud sounding keys are typically a hardware problem caused by dirt and grime accumulating under the key switches of the offending notes.

It has to be disassembled and cleaned by a professional unless you are handy enough with DIY repairs to do the job by yourself.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question