Backing tracks (with acoustic piano)

Reaction score
I'm wondering about backing tracks … I've seen and heard keyboard players using them to great effect. But how (whether?) can they be used in conjunction with an acoustic piano?

On my Mac I have Garage Band but have never used it. Could I perhaps download backing tracks and play them via Garage Band with the MPB sitting on top of the piano? I understand it's possible to create backing tracks oneself but I don't fancy that for the time being, at least.

On the basis that I've never, ever played with anyone other than myself, I don't quite know how to proceed. Is there an online source for backing tracks? My choice would be C+W and standards of the 30s, 40s, 50s.

Thanks in advance for any tips and guidance.

M

Reaction score
There are dozens on sources, a Google search will show this.

Try allmusic.com for starters.

Your choices will probably be on CD, mp3 downloads and actual midi files although for your genre and time periods the latter may be a bit limited.

I often play my guitar along with backing tracks by feeding the mp3 into my guitar amp.

On my Arranger keyboard backing tracks and midi files are on an SD card and I can use these to play along with via the keyboards inbuilt media player.

Ask a Question