Behringer Deepmind 12 - Selecting Patches On The Fly

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently acquired a Behringer Deepmind 12 and have immediately fallen in love with all of its capabilities. I'm super excited to add this to my rig for gigging. For reference, I play in a rock/jam band that gigs quite often. I have a Yamaha MX-88 for pianos and rhodes and wurli, a Roland VR-09 for clavinet and synth, and a Korg BX-3 for organ. Well the Deepmind now will allow my Roland to be exclusively for clav and this will take over the synth world for me.

The way we play has approx a 50/50 mixture between written sections and improv jam sections. A lot of how I play is very "on-the-fly", choosing which keyboard and which sounds to play in the moment rather than ahead of time. I have each keyboard set up with specific patches that are my go-tos (ex. my Yamaha MX-88 patch bank has a grand piano, a washy rhodes, a gritty wurli, a phaser wurli, a muted and reverbed upright, etc.). I am not the type of person to prepare "scenes" where a tune will have different sounds pop up specifically, because I play very freely and what patch I play one day I may not even touch the next. So I like to have access to a shortlist of favorites that I can hit one button and instantly swap to on each keyboard.

It's come to my attention that the only way on the Deepmind 12 to do something similar is to move the patches into one bank together and slide through them manually on the menu. Is this the case, or is there a way onboard to assign patches from different banks to a button press?

If not, is there any additional tool I can add (that's not over $50-100) where I can press for example Button #1 and my favorite patch and all its settings pops up on the Deepmind, and Button #2 will bring up a different patch from a different bank, etc.?

Note: I'm not looking to do anything wild with crazy routing back and forth, and I do not want to have a computer/iPad on stage with me. I just want to push one button and have like B-105 initiate on the Deepmind, then another button and A-88 initiates, etc.

Ask a Question