Best powered speakers for keys - URGENT !!

Reaction score
I am a keys player using a) ROLAND RD800 as main lower tier board with b) YAMAHA TYROS 2 on upper tier.

Usually take left and right output leads from each instrument into separate channels on a reasonably good mixer.
Mixer is then conected either to main out LEFT & RIGHT i.e. 2 x channels on main PA desk OR into my 2 x
YAMAHA ES-531 ES Powered speakers @ 250 watts RMS per cabinet. If not using these , I am able to use
a standard 2 x channel power amp (500 watts per side and 2 x full range 1000w speaker cabinets = in effect a small self-contained PA system just for the keyboards.

I am looking to move to powered speakers for weight/power and quality reasons as my back is knackered !!

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE URGENTLY RECOMMEND WHICH ONES I SHOULD BE LOOKING at ?

Reaction score
Check out the Behringer range, there are plenty to choose from.

I have two which are great but mine are a smaller model that do not have the output you require.

Reaction score
Behringer B208D is great for its size and price, but doesn't sound nearly as good as the ZXa1 (especially on piano sounds), nor play as loudly (more suitable as monitors than for something the audience will hear), nor does it have the bass of the EV. The 12" version of the Behringer plays louder and has more bass, but otherwise sounds about the same, and is much heavier.

Reaction score
I bought a yamaha dsr 112 at the weekend. Play an rd2000 and fa07 through it. Sounds better than the qsc k12 and qsc 7 series I tried.

Reaction score
Roland Gx 700 & Hammond SK ii Yamaha Stagepass PA. Mixer fits in back of one speaker, cords in the other.
Offers lots of options with 8 separate inputs monitoring / sending to House PA, etc. &the 2 speakers are easy to carry at maybe 50 lbs !

Reaction score
I am a keys player using a) ROLAND RD800 as main lower tier board with b) YAMAHA TYROS 2 on upper tier.

Usually take left and right output leads from each instrument into separate channels on a reasonably good mixer.
Mixer is then conected either to main out LEFT & RIGHT i.e. 2 x channels on main PA desk OR into my 2 x
YAMAHA ES-531 ES Powered speakers @ 250 watts RMS per cabinet. If not using these , I am able to use
a standard 2 x channel power amp (500 watts per side and 2 x full range 1000w speaker cabinets = in effect a small self-contained PA system just for the keyboards.

I am looking to move to powered speakers for weight/power and quality reasons as my back is knackered !!

Ask a Question