Can I use samples on Kurzweil KP 100 if not what should i buy

Reaction score
Hi Im a step from buying a keyboard and Im thinking about Kurzweil KP 100/110 but...
I dont know if it can use samples from PC. Im huge Depeche Mode fan and i would like to use their samples but i dont know if this keyboard can do it??? If you know that tell me... if not give me advice what should i get then... My limit is 1000 polish zloty (around 250 - 300 Euro)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't see anything in the specs for the KP100 and KP110 that suggests the ability to load new sound samples into either one of them.

However, are you actually needing to load new sound samples into a keyboard so they can be used during a live performance without anything else being connected to the keyboard-- or will you just be playing at home, where it will be okay to have the keyboard connected to your computer?

In the latter situation, you could easily use the keyboard as a MIDI controller to play virtual instruments or sound samples on your computer without needing to actually load new sound samples into the keyboard. In fact, if the keyboard has built-in speakers and an AUX IN jack (which the KP100 and KP110 do), you could use an audio TRS (stereo) cable to send the audio from the computer's HEADPHONES jack to the keyboard's AUX IN jack, so the sound of the virtual instruments or samples will come from the keyboard's speakers.

Reaction score
I don't see anything in the specs for the KP100 and KP110 that suggests the ability to load new sound samples into either one of them.

However, are you actually needing to load new sound samples into a keyboard so they can be used during a live performance without anything else being connected to the keyboard-- or will you just be playing at home, where it will be okay to have the keyboard connected to your computer?

In the latter situation, you could easily use the keyboard as a MIDI controller to play virtual instruments or sound samples on your computer without needing to actually load new sound samples into the keyboard. In fact, if the keyboard has built-in speakers and an AUX IN jack (which the KP100 and KP110 do), you could use an audio TRS (stereo) cable to send the audio from the computer's HEADPHONES jack to the keyboard's AUX IN jack, so the sound of the virtual instruments or samples will come from the keyboard's speakers.
I would only do that in home so it will work?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're going to play it exclusively in your home and will be able to keep it connected to your computer via a USB cable, then yes, you should be able to use the keyboard as a MIDI controller to play virtual instruments and sampled sounds on the computer, and (if desired) send the audio back to the keyboard via an aux audio cable so it plays through the keyboard's speakers instead of the computer's speakers. Then it will be a matter of choosing which computer program you want to use for routing the MIDI data and playing the samples.

Ask a Question