Can the MX-49 get this sound from the 80s?

Reaction score
Here's a super popular sound, starting at about 28 seconds into the song. I haven't found anything similar in the MX. Is there a way to get it, maybe by layering two Voices?

(I just tried to attach a two second mp3 of the sound but I get a message that that file format/extension is not allowed.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry. I meant the other part that starts at about that time (0:28) and runs through the whole song. An organ sound.

Although I am curious about how to get that trumpet sound too.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a synth trying to imitate the strumming of a rhythm guitar, except the "guitar" is more of an accordion/trumpet sound with a definite vibrato and a muted attack.

Reaction score
;) I don't know if you are joking with me. I'm a newbie. I don't hear those accordian/trump sounds or effects on that particular effect.
or maybe we are talking about a different part.

Here is the part:
Somebody at a small music store told me it was a classic Roland sound, (but he didn't have a Roland that could make that sound).

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
No, I wasn't joking. It's hard for me to hear the sound, and harder to know if the sound I'm focusing on is the one you're asking about. The clip you posted is a different sound than the one I was focusing on.

It sounds like a bass guitar sound to me-- not necessarily a bass guitar, but like that (sort of a "slap" attack, notes in a low octave, etc.)-- so I guess you can go through the various synth bass sounds on your keyboard to see if anything sounds suitable to you.

Reaction score
I just don't hear a bass sound, nor the guitar or trumpet/accordian aspect Are you talking about the F#,F#, E? That's what I am talking about.

I am new at this and you might be on to something but I sure don't hear it. Nor could I find anything looking through the MX bass sounds.

Plus I don't yet have the skills to edit anything to synthesize it. Maybe there is a sound file (a .vst?) that I could download to get that sound? If I knew what is was called on the synth the band was using I could search for it. It sure sounds like a familiar sound from that genre.

Ask a Question