Can't save system track to thumb drive

Reaction score
I just bought the CGP 700. It's truly great, but when I go to save midi data to a thumb drive, all the tracks save BUT the system track, which renders the data useless. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm not a programmer, looking for the right button to push...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I believe that I once read that the system track (which is Track 17 I believe) is not exportable on Casio keyboards.

The System track is a special track that records tempo changes, voice changes and effects that are not compatible with a standard MIDI file.

While I'm not an expert on Casio sequencers, I believe that a workaround is to record your work on an external computer sequencer or DAW configured to accept your keyboard's sysex commands. Then you can save all your info in the DAW's own format or export to a MID file where again you may lose the sysex info.

For a better explanation and more authoritative answers I'd suggest visiting http://casiomusicforums.com where Casio company reps are frequent posters.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary. That, for me, would be a very complex workaround. I'm going to try placing a single note on the System Track, and orchestrating on all the other tracks, then I'll export 1-16, and keep notes as to instrumentation, tempo, etc. We'll see.

Ask a Question