Cubase - Can't Load My VST Instruments

Reaction score
I imported MIDI tracks from Guitar PRO.

I want to load different VST Instruments onto these tracks so that they sound better.

On the Inspector Pane as you see on the picture my installed VST instruments don't exist

although they exist in

Devices - Plug-In Manager - VST Instruments

There's only Microsoft GS Wavelab Synth as VST Instrument on the Inspector Pane. Tracks sound normally when I load GS Wavelab.

But I can not see and load my VST Instruments there. How to fix it?

Attachments

• Cubase VST Inst Problem.png
    Cubase VST Inst Problem.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 611

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that when you imported the MIDI file it was initially set to use the HALion soft synth that comes with Cubase, and that you clicked on the "Output Routing" field and changed it to the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth"? The reason I'm thinking that is because HALion is shown on the right side in the panel that says "VST Instruments." Also, that's what happened when I imported a MIDI file into Cubase-- it chose HALion by default, and I had to click on the "Output Routing" field to choose the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth."

In any case, over there on the right, in the "VST Instruments" panel, you should be able to right-click below the box that shows the HALion soft synth and select "Add Rack Instrument." That should give you a list of available VST instruments to choose from. Click on the one you want to add, and after a few moments it should pop up a prompt asking if you want to add a track; just click "Cancel" and it will open a window showing the VST plugin (which you can close). The VST instrument will also be listed in a box below the HALion synth.

You should now be able to go over to the "Inspector" panel on the left side of the screen, click on the "Output Routing" field, and select the VST instrument that you just added to the rack. :)

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that when you imported the MIDI file it was initially set to use the HALion soft synth that comes with Cubase, and that you clicked on the "Output Routing" field and changed it to the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth"?

Yes sir.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

I'll try when I got home.

Reaction score
When I right clicked anywhere on the box at the right the options come up are;

+ Copy Halion Sonic SE Settings
+ Paste Halion Sonic SE Settings
+ Load Preset
+ Save Preset
+ Switch to B Setting
+ Copy A to B
+ Activate Outputs
+ Remote Control Editor

When I click "Load Preset" I can't see what I want there as well.

???

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
No, do not click on the "HALion" box; right-click anywhere in the empty space (the background of the "VST Instruments" panel) that's below the "HALion" box. Doing that should pop up two options, one of which is "Add Rack Instrument."

Reaction score
Ok. I checked there as you said.

However there the VST instruments (Native Instruments Kontakt, Massive, Absynth etc.) don't exist either. (Although they exist in Plug-In Manager)

???

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
That seems odd. I'll take another look at Cubase later to see if I can think of anything else you can try.

Reaction score
A friend from another forum found the solution.

On the VST Instruments Pane, I clicked the current VST Instrument.

There is a search box. On the right of that there is a small arrow.

When I click It shows two options.

a) Default
b) Native Instruments (which is currently chosen)

I chose a) then the problem solved.

Thank you very much again

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that solution, since I probably would have never found it! This might help someone else who runs into the same issue in Cubase. :)

Reaction score
Via the solution I mentioned on the previous post I can find VST Instruments which I couldn't previously.

But it there was still no sound while playing.

We noticed the problem was originating from the wrong installation.

(I was getting the error messages about some Halion Instruments files are missing at the beginning of the software.)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software the problem solved.

Ask a Question