Casio CTK 3500 doesn't turn on

Reaction score
I've Casio CTK 3500, which I purchased in 2019. It was working fine till last week but suddenly it stopped turning on. I'm not sure what happened as nothing has changed. I'm using the same old adapter that used to work, using the same generic pedal that I've always used.
The bars on LCD blink while pressing the power button but as soon as I release the power button, it goes off. I also checked my adapter using a multimeter (no idea what I'm doing here, just followed some youtube video), and the output was 9.5V - 9.6V, so I think the adapter is okay. Is there any hard reset key that I'm unaware of?
How can I fix it? I have uploaded the video here showing its current behavior. Please help me fix it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome.

Your description gives a clue, in that pushing the power button gets a response.

First thoughts are that the Power Button is faulty, and a light spray with a contact cleaner on the opened keyboard’s power switch may help.

If you are not confident to perform the task yourself then take itto a Service Tech but do get an idea of cost from them first.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Your description gives a clue, in that pushing the power button gets a response.

First thoughts are that the Power Button is faulty, and a light spray with a contact cleaner on the opened keyboard’s power switch may help.

If you are not confident to perform the task yourself then take itto a Service Tech but do get an idea of cost from them first.
I tried doing that. Cleaned the whole board by brushing it with alcohol and also took images of the whole board. Here is the link to the images. Nothing looked off to my eye other than the first image (also, I don't know anything about electronics so don't trust me for it. But I want to learn).
Still nothing after cleaning. It doesn't turn on, just that blink while pressing power button.

Ask a Question