Casio WK-3000: "Store" does not store all settings...?

Reaction score
I hope someone uses or has used this keyboard.
When I use a splitted keyboard the setting for octave shift is not stored. This is very annoying because I naturally rely on settings stored in the banks.

Who knows how to circumvent this problem or if it is unfixable?
Thanking you in advance!

Reaction score
Eronaile

How well I know your frustration ! My biggest pet peeve with any board is one that will not allow me to store an octave offset, and you are correct. I think the entire WK-3XXX line would not store octave offsets, but they would store a "transpose" as part of a registration, so you could do a 12 or 24 semitone transpose and store that. The only problem is, while "octave offset" does not affect the auto accompaniment section, "transpose" DOES, so this could be an even bigger problem for you.

Good luck !

Reaction score
Huh, that's too bad. The transpose works but as you said it affects accompaniment and is thus not a real solution.
Well, I was thinking about a new keyboard anyway because my WK-3000 tends to clatter and clang if the room temperature or air humidity is not right. That's just an assumption, though - I never found out exactly why it does that, it just comes and goes.

Anyway, thanks for the info :)

Reaction score
When you go "shopping" for your WK-3000 replacement, do your homework and download the manuals for the leading contenders to ensure that they do not suffer from the same operational irritations as the WK-3000. If you can't find an answer, hop back in here or onto the other forums and look for answers from current owners.

Good luck !

Ask a Question