Classical music

Reaction score
Can someone suggest anything similar to Chopin? His the reason I wanted to try to learn piano/keyboard not very savvy on this genre but enjoy it, so many things out there so gets overwhelming

Reaction score
Following are a few pieces that are easy(ish) to learn the basic melody line and can be expanded upon as skill level grows:-

Prelude to the well tempered clavichord, Bach

Prelude in D opus 28 no 4, which is by Chopin

Canon in D, Pachelbel which is my own favourite and once the first page is learned it makes a great warm up exercise in its own right.

Fur Elise, Beethoven

Claire de Lune, Debussy

Piano Concerto in Bb minor, Tchaikovsky. I play this (badly) and initially there is a moving chord sequence on piano that cries out to be played, sequenced and then played back as the right hand plays the main violin section and the left plays bass lines. So its one to have on the back burner and work up to.

Reaction score
Following are a few pieces that are easy(ish) to learn the basic melody line and can be expanded upon as skill level grows:-

Prelude to the well tempered clavichord, Bach

Prelude in D opus 28 no 4, which is by Chopin

Canon in D, Pachelbel which is my own favourite and once the first page is learned it makes a great warm up exercise in its own right.

Fur Elise, Beethoven

Claire de Lune, Debussy

Piano Concerto in Bb minor, Tchaikovsky. I play this (badly) and initially there is a moving chord sequence on piano that cries out to be played, sequenced and then played back as the right hand plays the main violin section and the left plays bass lines. So its one to have on the back burner and work up to.
I’m gna look this up ! I love Chopin not for his complexity but works are so melodic and beautiful and dark and same time thanks

Ask a Question