Comparison BK-3 and E-09

Reaction score
Welcome.

It totally depends upon your preferences, there are pros and cons of both these keyboards which are entry level in their respective ranges.

The BK3 has more instrument voices and the number of voices that can be played is twice that of the E09 but it is the feel and sound quality that matters.

Bang for bucks neither of these offers better value for money than similar or lesser priced Yamaha or Casio models.

Do you have a specific budget that you have?

What is your level if ability?

Reaction score
following, as I just recently bought an E09W it's superb to be honest!
not 100% keen on the look of it, but the sound out the speakers is amazing, the beats and styles are amazing too for the cost. I do think the E09W looks far better visually than the BK3 (the E09W looks more expensive)
it's lightweight, but I'm disappointed no USB drive for midi files is possible. or SD card slot etc.

wondering what other options I may have either that I may get for my phone a midi file player.

Reaction score
Compare BK-3 and E-09, which is higher model? For medium level which model I have to buy?
Hi. I have a Roland BK-3.

In my opinion, the styles are very well polished and sound brilliant, probably better than some of the old high end models. Some of the voices are also very good, but a lot are average. The pianos are not too clever as is the case with the strings. There are lots of handy features, but they are hiding away in the menus. The lack of line out Jacks is a problem if you are performing with it. You can use the headphone out but it doesnt sound as good through the amo. All in all its a good keyboard with good voices and great styles. USB connectivity is also handy for extra styles and recording your performances.

Cant comment on the E09 as i have zero experience with it.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Roland bk 3 and Roland e09 which keyboard is best
Neither, things have not changed since the original post.

IMO you would be better off with a Yamaha or Korg if you want a keyboard with Arranger features.

That said Roland have recently released an FP e50 digital piano with arranger features which looks worthy of consideration E-X50.

Ask a Question