Need help connecting my keyboard outputs

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Roland XP-50 which has 2 x 1/4" output jacks marked: L(MONO) and R

I have a Tascam DP-006 Multi-Track Recorder which has 1 x 1/4" input jack which accepts a stereo signal.

How should I connect my keyboard to the recorder unit?

Is there some sort of Y-Connector cable I could use, with 2 x Male 1/4" jacks to 1 x Male 1/4" stereo jack?

I don't want to use the Headphone Out 1/4" jack on my keyboard because the sound output of the Tascam recorder is going to an external amplifier and the sound is distorted it seems when I turn the volume up.

Any help appreciated and thanks!

Brandon

Reaction score
Welcome

Yes there are connectors readily available, if you have a local Music Shop they are likely to have adaptors otherwise Amazon have them.

The link should be for twin mono 1/4 plugs to a single 1/4 stereo

https://www.amazon.com/GLS-Audio-Y-Cable-Cable-Cords/dp/B001LUXQ4A/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1536649199&sr=8-38&keywords=stereo+1/4+y+cable

There are other connector/leads available
Thank you so much, just purchased the cable and should be all set once it arrives!

Brandon

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I just bought a similar cable, but it has a 1/8" TRS lead:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZKM3SHK

It's supposed to be delivered today. The shortest one they had was 3', but I would have gotten an even shorter one if they'd had one, because it's to go from the L and R outputs of my MX49 BK to the AUX IN of my PSR-EW400, and I've got them set up one above the other on a two-tier stand. :)

Ask a Question