CTK-7000 a few months on

Reaction score
From what I've read, the only difference between the 7600 and 7500 is the addition of an EQ. The WK3700 has an EQ AND better speakers. I still don't see what the big deal about the WK7500.

I read that the 7600 also has a few more voices and rhythms and smoothed out the performance of the draw bars so you don't hear the "click" when you use them in real time.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Let's say the strings are important to you and you want to reduce its harshness without muddying the other voices. Is it possible and how difficult is it to modify that particular voice to reduce the harshness and save it as a custom "strings."

Good point: Sort of possible - if you have a look at the manual (available online form Casio site), you'll see there is no EQ parameter, but there is a "cut off" freq - not quite the same effect (can't describe it - sort of goes dull and thin :confused: )

The Y-man

Reaction score
"Dull and thin" sounds like something to be avoided - rather like a plague. The addition of an EQ system in the 7600 might provide a more elegant solution. I wonder if anyone has created new voices using the EQ in the new 7600?

Reaction score
why is the top of the line casio keyboard only around $600 when the yamaha line goes through the roof in cost? $6,000 +!

Here is a Casio "keyboard" for $7,800 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=casio keyboards&qid=1364227230&rh=n:11091801,k:casio keyboards&sort=-price&ajr=2 Plus $1,500 shipping. In reality, I think this model sells for less than $2,000 based on the website below.

Just for grins, here is a review of this piano along with some videos/performances:
http://www.latestaudioreviews.com/casio/casio-ap-450-celviano-review/

Casio merely dominates the market in the low end and has made huge inroads in the mid and higher priced lines.

Ask a Question