Custom made dram kit

Reaction score
Hi, I am having difficulty playing my custom-made drum kit in Yamaha Psr e413. It loads perfectly fine but when I press play, only I get a silent beat. I tried another sty beat that I downloaded, it works fine. It contains 4 Main, and 3 Fill In. I was given this sty file from a friend, they play it directly from a flash drive. Mine don't take USB flash drive, do I have to convert it to compatibility for my keyboard? when I play it in style player, it plays fine.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
To use an external style file on the PSR-E413, you need to use the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader to transfer the file to the keyboard's memory, then you must use the "Sff Load" function to load the style file to Style Number 156.

For the style file to be compatible with the keyboard, it must be in the SFF1 format rather than the SFF2 format. It must also have a file extension of ".STY" and the file name should not contain any additional periods or other problematic characters.

For the style file to load, it must be no larger than (if I remember correctly) approximately 50 kB, otherwise it will be too large to load.

For the style file to play properly, it should use MIDI channels 9 through 16 for the appropriate style parts, and the style sections should be encoded properly.

It's difficult to say what the problem might be without being able to examine the style file, but the following thread contains some information that might be helpful:

Ask a Question