dear wk 7500 owners... check a preset patch for me?

Reaction score
Hi, have recently got a wk 7500 board, and whilst experimenting, i discovered a unusual sound in the guitar/bass preset tones.

Can somone confirm if the 'M2 steel guitar' patch (44-45) plays notes or a white noise in the E1-A1 octave?
I am hearing a 'scratchy' or almost a drum type sound when key is pressed. ( velo sensitve too i might add faster press makes it sound more like a drum )

have performed factory re-initalization ( sad too i had some clav sounds dialed in thought i backed em up )

same sound remains.

Change the patch to any other guitar preset, E1 plays that correctly, as a guitar note.

Your guys forum helped me choose this brand and type, of which I thank you for. INCREDIBLY happy overall with this product. Just looking for a confirmation if my tone bank is glitched.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hell crap! You're right - some wierd stuff there you discovered.

On my CTK7000, there is only 61-key, so the bottom 2 white keys are affected. But if I transpose -1, sure enough, I get a whole bloody octave of drum sound!!

Definitely a factory glitch.

The Y-man

Reaction score
As I had thought, a unusual patch. Not enough to warrent sending the unit back but enough to keep in mind an odd noise is out there. Thanks Y-man for comfirming that for me.

Reaction score
I have the same sounds on my WK 7500 keyboard too. MIght I suggest though that the lowest note on the guitar is E so anything below that,while possible on the keyboard (and every other guitar sound) simply is not there for that reason? Only a suggestion.

The Y_man

Reaction score
I have the same sounds on my WK 7500 keyboard too. MIght I suggest though that the lowest note on the guitar is E so anything below that,while possible on the keyboard (and every other guitar sound) simply is not there for that reason? Only a suggestion.

Funny thing is, the other so called guitar sounds do go all the way down.... :)

The Y-man

Reaction score
I decided to go through every tone and found that in Guitar/Bass as well as 44 and 45, number 4, NylonGt+StNz and number 10, SteelGt+StNz, do the same thing. And going further in Other number 39, Tabla does it too and a few notes further up too.
So one has to wonder whether this is deliberate. Also some of the tones sound ridiculous at that low register anyway.

Ask a Question