Dgx 640 USB options

Reaction score
Dear members
I'm Gerald new member I bought DGX 640 yesterday and I'm using SX 700 as well, can I use Yamaha voices and styles on DGX 640.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20201213_091318.jpg
    20201213_091318.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 23
Ad

Advertisements

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You cannot load new voices into the DGX models as you can do with the PSR-SX models.

However, you should be able to use new Yamaha style files, either by transferring them into the keyboard's internal memory using the free Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader software for Windows or free Yamaha MusicSoft Manager app for iOS, or by putting them on a USB flash drive and playing them from the flash drive.

Note that you will most likely need to use utility software such as some of the free programs from JoSoSoft.dk to (1) convert any SFF2 style files to SFF1 style files, (2) revoice the styles so they try to use only voices that are included on the DGX-640, and perhaps also (3) reduce the size of the style files by removing any unusable style variations or moving them to variations that can be used.

The DGX-660 can use SFF-GE (a.k.a. SFF2) style files, but I don't think the DGX-640 can.

The DGX-640 may possibly be limited to style files which are no larger than about 50kB, and removing any of the unusable variations can help pare down a large style file to a usable size.

The DGX models can use the A and B variations of styles, but cannot use the C and D variations. If a style file has a C or D variation that you want to use, you'll need to move it to the A or B variation.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question