DGX 670-> Change voice in mixer, not able to save to song...

Reaction score
I've been quite excited about the arrival of the DGX 670. Still am...

BUT...

One of the features I was looking forward to is the capability to change the voice of a recorded song. Sometimes after recording a song, I might think a different voice would be better. So how great is the feature? Change it after recording, right?

Well, it's not quite what it sounds like. You cannot save the difference to the song. And in fact, this is the case for ALL of the mixer options in the DGX 670, which are: Volume, pan, style, filter parameters, effect parameters, channel EQ, master EQ, and compresssor. You have two options once you finish with your changes:
  1. Save the changes to a registry, which you would have to remember to pull up when you want to play song
  2. Make notes of the changes as you make them, and then make those settings and re-record the song.
Now, if your goal is to come up with a final song which you want to save to an audio file to load up with a performance you are going to load on Youtube, then it's not so bad. You can do all of the mixing and play it out to an audio file on a USB drive. Now, if you can't do that all in one session, you would still need to save it to a registration file.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Again. THIS TOO is a job for a DAW. Not a keyboard.

Why not download a free copy of Anvil Studio like I did 20 years ago and start learning how homo technus does it?

Stop trying to do a computer's job with 1970's technology.

Reaction score
Yup. That's on my ToDo list. But not near the top, yet.

I actually started down that path when I ran into a need to combine two midi files. I purchased one, Waveform. But I found the learning curve long enough my need didn't warrant it. Same here, for now.

I just posted the info for any others in a similar learning curve so that maybe their expectations won't be wrong if they find themselves in the same boat.

Ask a Question