DGX 670 - How lower reverb on Ambient Piano

Reaction score
Title pretty much covers my question. I think the reverb is too aggressive on the Ambient Piano voice. I thought it would be reverb setting on the Voice SEtting menu. That is not it.

Suggestions?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you trying the Reverb Depth or the Reverb Type? Sorry, I'm not sure how they would be listed in the settings so it might not say the word "depth," but the Reverb Depth controls the amount of the Reverb effect which is applied to the voice, while the Reverb Type selects between different varieties of the Reverb effect.

You might also try adjusting the Chorus Depth and Chorus Type.

Finally, there might be a DSP effect, or possibly even DSP 1 and DSP 2 effects, which can be set to any of the available Reverb or Chorus effects in addition to many other types of effects, so you might also need to adjust the DSP Type(s) and DSP Depth(s).

If nothing seems to help, it might be that the sound of the actual instrument was sampled with a certain amount of reverb "built in," such as being sampled inside of a room which was designed to give a rich, natural reverb to the instrument. If that's the case, it might be impossible to get rid of the "built-in" reverb.

Reaction score
p.6 of the reference manual. Ambient piano is a VRM voice (with resonance modeling), and has its own controls for reverb and other parameters (separate from the ones for other voices), maybe you're looking at the settings for the non-VRM voices.

Reaction score
I appreciate the information.

Useing the things on p.6 , nothing made any difference.

I went to the Voice settings and went through the various things, voice, effect eq harmony, etc turning eche one off, and nothing worked.

I guess that the echo/verb is permanent on the Ambient Piano voice.

Ask a Question