DGX 670- Confused about method for setting volumes

Reaction score
The manual doesn't seem to go into all detail needed to fully understand some of the settings in the mixer.

Maybe you won't have to read any more if you know that my conclusion is accurate...

Conclusion:
There appear to be multiple ways to set volume. However what is really the case is sthat one method affects the volumes if you are not playing a recorded song, but playing and/or recording a song: That method is to use Mixer Panel to change volumes of wfhat you are playing; Use Mixer Style to set volumes on the Style. On the other hand, if you want to change volumes of a recorded song while playing it, you need to use the Song 1-9, and Song 9-16.​
If you agree with above, no need to read further.

What was so confusing, is that when I'd make a setting on the Song 1-6, or Sosng 9-16, the volumes wouldn't take..they''d revert back to default volumes. I went through some of the below and then discovered that Style setting and Panel settings.

When you bring up the mixer, under Volume/Pan you have the following choices:

Panel, External, Style, Song 1-8, and Song 9-16​

The docs indicate to set the style volume, you move over to Style on the list of choices, and set the volume for each channel there. But when you select song 9-16, and play the song, you can see the orange led light up indicating which channel is playing.

So, when do I use whitch? An example of what I'm trying to accomplish, is to be able to modify volume of specific instruments in the style. I've messed with both settings, and just not sure which to use when.

I find that changing the style volumes from "song 9-16" from a recorded song works.

Changing the volume from the "Style" selection has no effect.

Ah, at this point I did a bit of testing, and it seems which ones you use depends on whether you are playing a recorded sonsg, or playing/recording live.

Ask a Question